- Builds complex technical solutions that turn business requirements into operational processes and inject analytical insights into the business
- Aligns complex technical solutions to corporate governance requirements to ensure data security and maintain data quality standards
- Remains on the cutting edge of industry trends to ensure that the Lowe's COE is aligned with industry best practices
- Builds automation and self-service consumption tools to operationalize data ingestion and analytic models
- Aligns technical solutions to corporate standards to ensure that security and privacy requirements are met
- Communicates clearly and concisely to key leadership and stakeholders to ensure alignment on project status and deliverables
- Partners with Big Data architects and other key stakeholders to ensure that project deliverables align with cost and timing standards
- 5 years of progressive, post-bachelor’s experience in Data Engineering/Management, or Analytics.
- Experience with using build tools including one or more of the following: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
- Strong experience with using IDE’s and Software development environments including one or more of the following: Eclipse, NetBeans and Intellij Idea.
- 4 years of experience in Big Data Solutions using technologies including one or more of the following: Hadoop, Hive, HBase, MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, Java.
- 2 years of experience applying Agile development practices and working with distributed component-based architectures.
- 2 Years of experience in Spark/Scala.
- 1-2 years of experience with REST API development
- 1 year of experience on Cloud platforms such as Azure or GCP
- Strong experience in performance Tuning, troubleshooting application issues & analyzing production issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Data Management
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field