Troubleshoots PC hardware/software and peripherals
Windows server administration
- As it relates to specific applications used by end-users; i.e. CAD/RMS, Hach WIMS, Firehouse, etc.
- Starting and/or restarting services
- Working with the systems administrator or contractors to update/upgrade servers
Maintaining/ installing computer hardware
Basic networking and troubleshooting of both hardware and wireless-based systems.
- Troubleshoot problems back to the network connection on the switch
- Configure settings and troubleshoot end-user wireless issues
Provides support for Windows Terminal Server/Citrix administration
Provides support for virtual systems hosting servers and clients
Backup support for database (SQL) administration--not database cleanup
- Hach Wims
Distinguishing General Features of the Class
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of electronic data processing equipment.
- Analyses and solves problems that users have with software applications, computers, and printers.
- Installs hardware and application software (servers and PCs).
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices in the development and installation of microcomputer systems and networks.
- General knowledge of the appropriate programming languages.
- Thorough knowledge of modern techniques in microcomputer systems analysis, design, implementation, and problem-solving to include knowledge of appropriate networking interfaces and multi-user database environments.
- Ability to prepare detailed and comprehensive reports and to present facts clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Ability to organize component parts into a logical system and to write clear and efficient technical reports and user manuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.