- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, phases in projects, etc. into new bidding projects.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend bid meetings, visit job-sites, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of multiple scopes of work
- Develop conceptual estimates
- Develop price work based on production rates and subcontractor input
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bids/projects as assigned
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include extra work items, change orders, etc.
- Use of electronic take-off software and office applications; Hard Dollar, iSqFt, Excel, Outlook, etc.